Big G Express, Inc. is a 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED OTR truckload carrier headquartered in Shelbyville, Tennessee. Our team of professional diesel technicians are dedicated to providing premium services on the finest equipment throughout our three maintenance facilities in support of our growing fleet of 500+ tractors and 1500+ trailers. If you are a DIESEL MECHANIC looking for a challenging and rewarding career, come see what the Big G Express maintenance team has for you!
We Offer Diesel Mechanic/Technicians:
- Competitive weekly pay, based on experience
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Monthly and yearly bonuses
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Attractive schedules (3-Day weekends every other week!)
- Apprenticeship / Tool Program
Diesel Mechanic/Technician Job Description:
- Perform inspections, repairs and preventative maintenance of company equipment.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through quality repair/maintenance work.
- Compliance with all company guidelines and procedures.
- Complete all required documentation legibly, accurately and timely.
- Utilize company computer systems to track all work.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Diesel Mechanic/Technician Required Skills:
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required.
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to grow in position.
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Willingness to travel within close proximity of terminal (geographical area), work the required schedule & location
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a background check and drug test
- High School Diploma or GED
- ASE Certification a plus
Level A Diesel Mechanic - Technician must have mastered engine, transmission, power train, computer diagnostics and trouble shooting. Five years’ experience required.
Level B Diesel Mechanic - Technician must be proficient in general truck repair and have mastered at least one trade such as trailer repair, body work, APU, engine or transmission. Three years’ experience required
Level C Diesel Mechanic - Technician must have working knowledge of engine, transmission and powertrain repair, troubleshooting equipment and electircal troubleshooting. No experience required. Vocational or Technical school preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Big G Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed here may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.